Tuesday, March 10, 2009

HOMEMADE BABY WIPES

I am sure that the cost of baby wipes add up very quickly. Having a baby isn't cheap. Saving a few dollars a month would definitely help though. I found this online and figured I would share this for all the mommies on the site. I hope this helps you. I can't remember where I found this, but if I find it, I will add the link to this post.

HOMEMADE BABY WIPES

I used to make my own wet wipes when I had babies around. Worked great and I saved a lot of money. I could make a batch of wet wipes for about 50 cents and sometimes cheaper if I found things on sale. Cut a roll of plain white Bounty paper towels in half with a sharp knife. Place the paper towels in a plastic coffee 'can' that is large enough to hold the towels. Then mix 2 cups of warm water, 1 tablespoon of baby shampoo, and 1 tablespoon of baby oil. Pour this mix over the towels. Pull out the paper tube. Cut a small 'X' in the center of the coffee 'can' lid. Starting in the center of the wet paper towels, pull up the first towel through the 'X' in the lid. To keep the towels from drying out, I place one of those plastic Saran Wrap covers that has stretchy sides on it. (Sorry I can't think of the product name for it.) I never had to worry about diaper rash when I made my own wet wipes, so I saved money on diaper rash medication too.

No comments:

Post a Comment