Monday, March 16, 2020

Son's room redesign


Today's mission: My son's room. No better time to start spring cleaning!! The kiddos are back from their dad's house. My son is 8 and half. I asked him to give his ideas on how he would like his room set up. The we took everything out of the room. The bed, the desk, and bookshelf were all rearranged. I decided to remove the doors from the closet. He does a great of job of keeping his closet organzied. I guess boys are better with only taking out what they need, and not touching anything else. We have a system: we hang sets together so he just pulls out the set he wants to wear in the morning. This makes his life easier and mine. By removing the doors, I feel his room looks much bigger. I also decided he no longer needed the tall dresser he had. We ordered a little dresser that fit into the closet, it won't arrive for a few days. My OCD confessions: I hate when hangers are mismatched. It brothers me so much. I also hate when someone hangs hangers backwards. It stresses me out until everything is back to normal. I also have to orgranzie clothes by color with patterns at the end of each color section. This makes it rather difficult to delegate certain tasks as I have to reorgranize once it is complete. In his redesign project we upgraded his closet with adult hangers. He was excited to change his hangers. I let him hang his stuff then went through and organized it. I want to paint his room, but in efforts to stay home, we will avoid going out to buy paint. Once the qurantine is lifted and the semester is over I will start this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment