Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR/ FREECYCLE

Happy New year! I hope 2010 is filled with savings for you.

To start off the new year I figured I would tell you about freecycle and how awesome it is in helping you live a frugal life.

What is Freecycle?
Freecycle is a yahoo group that helps people recycle the things they no longer want or need. Members in the group post items they would like to give away and others that are interested can contact the person directly. Also, it allows you to ask others for items you are looking for.

Freecycle Mission Statement:
Our mission is to build a worldwide gifting movement that reduces waste, saves precious resources & eases the burden on our landfills while enabling our members to benefit from the strength of a larger community.


In every city, there is a freecycle group or a group in a surrounding city that you may join. It is free to join and all items received are free.

A lot of items I have at home, I have freecycle to thank for. tables, decor, lamps, storage items, etc. I have also been able to pass along tons of items that I just no longer wanted. The best part is even broken items that I thought were trash I have posted on freecycle and people have been eager and willing to take my items. As the saying goes "Your trash is another person's treasure." You have to make sure to let everyone know that the items are broken.

To get more information about freecycle or to find a local freecycle group go to:
http://www.freecycle.org



*** I have not been paid in any way to post this! ***

No comments:

Post a Comment